Painstakingly, you’ll shop and eventually choose the beautiful wedding dress you’re going to wear for your big day, but you probably have not given much thought to what you are going to do with it afterwards. A few options:
- Donate it: Brides Across America is a non-profit organization that gifts wedding gowns to our military and first responders - http://www.bridesacrossamerica.com/giving/give-a-dress. Also, Adorned in Grace sells new and gently used gowns, veils, and accessories, with the proceeds going to promote awareness and prevention of sex trafficking - http://www.adornedingrace.org/gown-donations
- Make jewelry with it, using beading, lace, and/or gems to create some bling
- Make a christening gown for your future baby
- Create custom lingerie out of it for your first anniversary
- Make a pillow out of it
- Have a “Wear Your Wedding Dress” party and invite all your friends to don their gowns for it
Engaged but haven’t gone bridal gown shopping yet? It can be difficult to get a feel for where you’ll want to purchase the gown of your dreams from looking at a web site. Gather inspiration and ideas at one of our upcoming wedding shows where you’ll find more than one wedding dress vendor in one location and all for the price of a show ticket.
With plenty to do, see, and taste, Best Wedding Showcase features the region's finest wedding experts who are ready to help you plan your dream wedding! Start or even finish your wedding plans and tie up your loose ends at one of our bridal shows.